Friday 8 September 2017

Farewell... (Diary Logs #1)





Hello Readers! This is my FIRST 'Diary Logs' post. It is especially important as it is for my best friend who is one of my favourite human-alien on this planet!! Here's to our friendship & many more years to come. Let distance never become a barrier & just some foolish thing we laugh over!




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I remember the day she had called me up. She plainly said, "I'm going to Delhi." I plainly thought, "That's nice. You're going on another trip!" Then she slowly completed the sentence, "I mean, I am moving to Delhi."

That moment was the worst one I have felt in my life. It was worse than a breakup. My best friend was moving across the country, leaving me behind, it felt unfair. It was like someone had punched me in the face and I couldn't recover from this blow.

It felt like someone had taken away my security blanket.
It felt like I was falling in a baseless pit.
It felt like tagging her in memes without ever getting a response. (Yes!)
It felt like a LOT of things.
But, most of all, I just couldn't feel anything at all. I was in shock.

Ever since I heard that, I went into a flash back mode. I couldn't help but think about all our memories together. I remembered a thousand different things that I'd miss about her. I remembered the times I stayed at her place and how much we enjoyed those slumber parties! I remembered how we first met and how easily we bonded, then became distant, then came close, then eventually became inseparable. I remembered how touched she was when I wrote something for her for one of her important moments in life. I also know she might have been sad when I didn't write anything for the most important moment for her life that followed. It touched me when she said that she had stayed in Mumbai for an extended period only for me. I remembered her every day in the rings she gave me which were engraved with the words 'Best', 'Friends', 'Forever'...

I remember the last time I met her. We stayed up talking all night, about things that mattered & things that didn't. About lost causes & not so lost ones too. About dreams & aspirations. About friendship & love. About having each other’s' back. It was that day and there's today. It's 2 AM. I'm struggling with this post, which is supposed to come off pretty easily, but important things take time. But then, I call her up, and we're talking about so many things at the same time, like old days. And it feels like nothing has changed. It feels just like the countless times we've spent together; talking, reminiscing, connecting with songs, getting high over the lyrical beauty & sadness of music. It feels right. It feels like us; M & C. And just like that, it feels like she's sitting right next to me while we're having a little dance party and there's no distance separating us.

Even though you're far away, this distance has brought us closer. You're my best friend. You're my soul mate. I understand your reasons for going away & I am beyond happy that you're doing what you're doing. You should remind yourself your purpose of being there every day. You are going to be a hero! Follow your dreams. Be brave. You always have been! You just don't know it. You have got the chance to remake your life. Not everyone does, darling. Give it your best shot! And make yourself happy! Just, be happy!
PS: Don't forget me. I love you! x.


18 comments:

  1. Awww, I can almost feel how much it hurt to hear she was moving away! :( It's such a sad thing. Distance can't keep people away from each other. Physically, yes... but I'm sure you will be just as close from far away! Lots of memes, lots of late night phone calls and texting. :) And then, when you see each other again it will be like you were never apart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That seriously must be so hard! But I am glad the distance hasn't affected you badly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that must be so hard! Keep your head up! I am glad that the distance has been making you stronger! That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand your pain. I lost two friends this summer who moved to far away locations. It's heart breaking but you're right, it will bring u closer in ways!
    Www.tonyamezrich.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's horrible having that best friend from school and adult years then having to move on. I left all my highs chook friends and graduated elsewhere and feel like they closed the door on me because I left. I have re-connected with some but think I missed out. Sometimes you can't replace a really good friend. At least you know they are happy an you'll get to visit a really cool place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for being so transparent and sharing your heart. It's so special to have a friend like that. Not everyone gets to experience it. It's so hard to be separated by distance, but that's wonderful that you guys have allowed it to grow you closer instead of letting it come between you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post - so heartfelt. It's always so difficult when you move away from a close friend, or vice versa - but I love your comments at the end supporting her, this is a sign of a true friendship :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand your hurt.I have lost a friend and we haven't kept in touch anymore. But it is one of my best memories to remember: a truly close friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautifully written post. Long distance relationships are always hard. It is even worst when it is your best friend. I know coz mine is leaving in another country.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It really is hard when a close friend moves. My best friend and I have not lived in the same city in about 6 years. It can be tough for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Must be super hard I've had a few friends move. It's not easy to deal w/the big changes -- more reason to travel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful send off to your best friend. I love the sentiments and I am sure she appreciates them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a beautiful and heart touching post.It seems like a hard moment for you to say bye for your best friend...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the sentiment of support. It's nice to have people to support, and who support you too! Good luck to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. it's hard being apart from friends or loved ones. I miss my family so much when they are on the other side of the world. Keep your chin up and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great log in your Diary logs. It is so sad when our best friend has to move to achieve their goals but it is also up to us to support them in every way no matter the hurt it may bring us. We are so lucky or blessed to have social media today that allows us to see each other through a screen. Thanks for sharing your diary log.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely read... I can totally understand how it feels when you are away from your close friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is so cute !! My best friend and I are going through a similar thing. I am leaving for a RTW trip in 2018 and we are so sad to be separated... but your post makes me feel better that we arent alone in how we feel.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...